From a Manager

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Meridian, MS
Former Employee - General Manager in Meridian, MS

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training and support are amazing

Cons

always open, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

Other Reviews for Hampton Inn

ok, could be a lot better.

I have been working at Hampton Inn part-time

Pros

Good work environment, good trainers, lots of overtime.

Cons

Do not take suggestions, very low pay for all the work that needs to be done. Very high turnover. No advancement for career.

Front Desk College Student

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time for more than a year

Pros

a lot of downtime, flexible work schedules depending on management, loved meeting new people everyday and seeing all of the regulars who appreciate what we do, management empowered us to make decisions and usually promoted autonomy, all of my coworkers were very friendly and easy to get along with. Hamptonality very present within my hotel. Able to hone in on multiple career based skills, customer service, multitasking, communication, organization, managerial skills, and many more

Cons

pay not consistent, no raises even after years of employment, medical insurance offered but cost is to high to afford it on hourly wages, standing in one spot for 8 hours with little to no breaks, angry guests are very unreasonable. If you can not handle someone who is yelling at you, do not work for a hotel. PERIOD.

If you are going to offer full time benefits such as medical insurance, paid time off, sick days.. make it easy for your employees to take advantage of them. Otherwise, they are a useless gesture. I could not afford any of the medical plans offered because I was not paid enough hourly. I also could not take advantage of my sick days due to the "two days off" policy. Worked for the company for two years, was sick once or twice. Could not take a sick day due to policy.

There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn.

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!