Hampton Inn

Maximum Hospitality - do not work for them

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

Great beginning career job - good to learn how to run all departments and always a strong support system with Hilton Hotels

Cons

Limited Service is a nightmare - especially when the management company doesn't care about their employees. Maximum Hospitality offers no formal training nor long-term benefits. They provide no feedback nor review any of their managers in a timely or efficient manner. Hampton Inns are O.K. but not under this management company.

Learn as much as you can and move on - unless you want to be a GM for life @ hampton, just use it as a learning exp.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Hampton Inn (View Most Recent)

Nice free time!

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Waco, TX

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

Plenty of free time during the night shift

Cons

management can be tuff to work with.

better communication with the employee's

Front Desk At Hampton Inn Lake Park

Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Lake Park, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Lake Park, GA

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

When traveling you get a discounted rate at any Hilton Hotels as long as its available. Makes traveling easier when on vacation or seeing family. Willing to work with school schedule if your in school. Makes the life of a college student easier. Able to do some of school work at the desk if not busy. (may not apply to all hotels.)

Cons

No Raise In the past 3 years I have worked here. No benefits package. Never given paid vacation or pay raise review. I know I am not a prefect employee but I do my job but I do my job to the best of my ability. The economy may be bad but that should keep you from talking to your employees about raises and benefits.

Offer pay raise review and give reason why employee doesn't get raise. IF offered actually give paid vacation.

There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn