Hampton Inn

www.hampton-inn.com
  www.hampton-inn.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn

Looks like a great place to work from the outside.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

Some the pros of working for Hampton Inn is the ability to receive discounted rates rooms. You receive some benefits if you are a full-time employee.

Cons

Some of the cons of working for Hampton Inn is there is not any employee advancement; Poor communication between management and staff and this translate into poor customer services; dissatisfaction of most employees; Poor employee moral.

Improve employee moral and management and employee communication.

198 Other Employee Reviews for Hampton Inn (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

I'm sure other Hampton Inns are great places to work. You have a lot of downtime. I usually play computer games.

Cons

It was the company I worked for. They had no employee moral or respect. The pay was low due to a 10% pay cut, which no one has yet (2 years later) has gotten back, which means no one in the company full of 20 or so hotels has gotten a raise in the last 2 years. Management treats you poorly, and unless the hotel is losing money they dont care about any problems.

Care more. That's all. All's you have to say is I want to help make this a nice place to work. But you will never because all you need is a warm body.

Senior Mgmnt needs trained

Former Employee - Sal; Es Marketing in Deadwood, SD
    Former Employee - Sal; Es Marketing in Deadwood, SD

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

benefits of brand, in-house benefits for management, easy hotel to sell

Cons

poor communication with upper mgmnt, no training, no job performance reviews, no raises, excepted to work average of 50-60 hours weekly, including other departments

need job descriptions, allow for family time, communicate with employees through departmental meetings. Give employees incentives, bonuses. give performance reviews with raises based on performance (not just a review year after year).

There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn