Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

www.hnncsb.org
  www.hnncsb.org
There are newer employer reviews for Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

Very Comfortable Work Environment

I have been working at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees enjoy a lot of flexibility. The benefits package is very generous, particularly sick leave and annual leave. Everyone is on a first-name basis, so there is no rigid, hierarchical structure.

Cons

This is not so much a factor for me, but some positions pay better in the private sector. However, this is to be expected with a not-for-profit agency. Again, this is not an issue for me, but some would like to see the agency offer tuition reimbursement.

Hold employees more accountable for their actions.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board (View Most Recent)

Experience probably supervisor dependent

I worked at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

Pros

-Great benefits, good pay, opportunities to move up and over, good experience for mental health, one of the lead employers in the area

Cons

-Workload and requirements can be supervisor-dependent instead of uniform which is good if you have a good supervisor but can be miserable if you don't

-Long hours

-If several complaints come from one team or section, address the underlying problem. Otherwise, you risk losing more employees

-Consider flex time

HNNCSB - Employer of Choice in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia

Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

Pros

Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board provides the following to their employees and the clients they serve:
    1. Being a premier provider of mental health services in so many different aspects. This helps the employees feel proud of what they do and how it improves the lives of the clients we serve.
    2. Finding ways to make employees feel valued -- most recent example: the implementation of eLearning so ALL employees can improve their professional/clinical skills at no cost.
    3. Good communication -- a dedicated website for all CSB employees; open lines of communication between all levels of management and line staff.

Cons

I have worked at HNNCSB for over 6 months now. I honestly can state that I don't see any serious downside to working for this organization. Like any organization in these economic times, budgetary concerns impact employees from time to time but does not compromise care to our clients. The only downside may be the number of programs and employees keeps us from knowing each other as much as we would like. But even then, there are employee functions/events to bring us all together such as the 4th of July picnic.

Keep up the GREAT work and I am proud to work for such a quality organization.