Hand and Stone Spa

www.handandstonecareers.com
  www.handandstonecareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

Great business model, nice place to work

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist
Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The spa stays busy and management really works with you to keep your schedule the way you want it. Good sense of camaraderie among the other therapists. All pay is on a commission-per-service basis plus tips. Trades between therapists are encouraged. Very good clientele for the most part.

Cons

The pay is on a commission-per-service basis - with their service rates so low, the commission is not the greatest per service. The discount on skin care products isn't very much for employees.

Doing a good job. Just always remember that the therapists job is labor intensive, always remember time for breaks.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa (View Most Recent)

Good place to work!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa

Pros

Overall good place to work friendly staff!!!

Cons

Micoro Managed by owners and you need to be available to work nights and weekends

Take the advice of your employees

Great place for this time in my life and I was a die-hard-no-franchise-ever- type of person.

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Spring Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Spring Lake, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clients are provided. Linens and supplies: provided.Compensation: although much less than I ever earned in spas in the past 19 years, gratuities compensate for the difference. I don't put myself under the "stress" of back to back massages.. the more the better. This just happens to be MY mindset. Older, wiser, albeit different needs than those younger than myself, I am a team player.. why not! My compromise is that the location is 40 miles/savings per day than previous job.

Cons

Of course the main concern at a franchise is compensation and it is less, as stated above. Waiting to be called at home requires sitting at the phone if one is covering a shift, but that's the way it is.. if I minded it too much then I shouldn't be here

I think my boss is a caring individual.. I've worked for the best and worst and everyone in between and my employer does it right.

There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa