Hand and Stone Spa

There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

Very Satisfied

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Manalapan, NJ
Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything is provided, I don't have to bring any of my own things to the spa (Clients, supplies, linens, marketing/advertising, etc.)
Very flexible schedule
Unlimited earning potential for those willing to make the effort!
Excellent work environment
Computerized note taking simplicity

Cons

Having to read some of the negative comments on this website. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience at your location. Don't think that all locations are like the one you are/were at.

Get rid of negative/non-team players as soon as possible. They make it so much worse for the rest of us

78 Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa (View Most Recent)

Great benefits for franchise owners and mangers, others are interchangeable

Former Employee - Front Desk in Winter Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Winter Springs, FL

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discounted services such as facials, massages and waxing. Discounted products. Flexible schedules with school. Bonus opportunities for front desk sales. Easy job, requires little technical skills, only an outgoing personality and a strong likeness for people.

Cons

Menial base pay for front desk starting at $8.00 with no room for advancement. No continuity between stores, advancement almost solely up to your franchise owner. No healthcare or other benefits.

Offer a standard base pay for each employee class and a benefits package for employees who work more than 20 hours a week throughout the franchise.

Does NOT pay MTs hourly rate while they "wait & see" if walk-ins arrive

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Different modalities performed, chances to upgrade services...yet due to scheduling rules NOT always possible.

Cons

Dont follow the law on paying employees. Expect MTs to perform other duties (laundry...clean treatment rooms) in addition to MT work while in the "wait mode" ...that same wait mode where they do not pay the hourly wage....pay for massage work is truly terrible here, for all these chain spas really.... but fifteen dollars per fifty minute treatment....that is the lowest.Sad part is the client ALWAYS IS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THE THERAPIST IS PAID WELL....I have investigated this myth myself. The chain spas use this well kept secret to their advantage.

I gave mine already.