Very Satisfied

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist  in  Manalapan, NJ
Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything is provided, I don't have to bring any of my own things to the spa (Clients, supplies, linens, marketing/advertising, etc.)
Very flexible schedule
Unlimited earning potential for those willing to make the effort!
Excellent work environment
Computerized note taking simplicity

Cons

Having to read some of the negative comments on this website. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience at your location. Don't think that all locations are like the one you are/were at.

Get rid of negative/non-team players as soon as possible. They make it so much worse for the rest of us

Other Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

Great benefits for franchise owners and mangers, others are interchangeable

Former Employee - Front Desk  in  Winter Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Winter Springs, FL

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discounted services such as facials, massages and waxing. Discounted products. Flexible schedules with school. Bonus opportunities for front desk sales. Easy job, requires little technical skills, only an outgoing personality and a strong likeness for people.

Cons

Menial base pay for front desk starting at $8.00 with no room for advancement. No continuity between stores, advancement almost solely up to your franchise owner. No healthcare or other benefits.

Offer a standard base pay for each employee class and a benefits package for employees who work more than 20 hours a week throughout the franchise.

Worst Experience I've ever had with a company.

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk  in  Mays Landing, NJ
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Mays Landing, NJ

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working closer to my home.

Cons

My manager was a MICRO MANAGER who talks down on you. When I was hired, he never discussed pay or benefits!! When I asked he got really offended and told me during training it's minimum wage, and after that it's $9.00!! I was okay until I was forced to recite this script VERBATIM to every customer after working only one day prior!! I quit on day 3. I waited on my paycheck after a month and I never received one. I had to go into the establishment because the manager could not be reached by phone. I had to wait 30 MINUTES for him to print it out he even asked for my driver's license when he stated already that he remembered who I was!!! Extremely high turnover!!!

Do employee reviews inside and figure out what's causing such a high turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa.

Worked for Hand and Stone Spa? Contribute to the Community!