Hand and Stone Spa

The Best Place to Work

Current Employee - SPA Associate  in  Manalapan, NJ
Current Employee - SPA Associate in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent and fair work environment. The owner and management of the Manalapan location could not be more hard working! The staff is very professional and friendly. We have many clients that have come from other spas in the area who are very happy that they made the switch. It is great to work somewhere that people leave happy and satisfied.

Cons

There are negative reviews on this site which concerns me because I know from working here, they are untrue!

The management is always open to hearing new ideas and is very flexible when it comes to taking time off. Thank YOU!!

65 Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa (View Most Recent)

Amazing atmosphere and positive work environment.

Current Employee - Membership Sales Associate  in  Manalapan, NJ
    Current Employee - Membership Sales Associate in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff, owners are hands-on and will always look out for clients and employees best interest. Extremely flexible work hours- I am a junior in college and have had to change my schedule with each new semester, and every time my employers were helpful and accommodating. Great pay for only being personable and managing the computers and clients. Plenty of opportunities for growth if you work hard and commit to working for the company's success. At my location, our employers are constantly giving us incentives to promote positive growth and employee success. My employers are constantly trying to stay current and relevant with the changing times, and value all employee opinions. Clean and relaxing environment. Located in a great shopping center with a Wegmans and Target so there is great foot traffic, as well as being in a safe family town.

Cons

With any job, you get what you give. If you commit and put in the time and effort to making the company successful, you will be successful yourself. The only con I can say about this location is that is is directly off of Rt 9, so traffic during rush hour and on weekends can be pretty annoying.

Keep up the good work. Get rid of those who bring the spa down, and strive to bring in those individuals who have a positive hard-working attitude. Continue to listen to employees opinions, as I feel that if the opinions of your staff are ignored it presents major internal problems that can bring down a company's success. Stay current with the changing technology and the expansion of social media and use it to your advantage - find the best way specific social media sites can promote business and try them. Continue to encourage employees and present them with increased opportunities for growth if desired.

After a while you will grow tired of the little chance of advancement or incentives.

Former Employee - Massage Therapist
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa part-time

Pros

Steady clients, sheets and products, hydraulic lift tables, some what flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Appointments are done in 50 min blocks, which does not leave enough time to let your client undress, dress, be interviewed, and change the sheets. Last minute upgrades will put you more behind schedule. Deep tissue massages tend to be the most popular and are priced the same as relaxation massages. Not many incentives. Salary is not based on experience but on your availability. No benefits/health insurance. Must provide your own liability insurance.

Better communication between therapists, management, and front desk would help facilitate a better experience for the client. There should be a cap on the amount of Deep Tissues a therapist does in a day. Too many of the "good" therapists get requested and then bogged down with the back breaking work of deep tissue massages with no benefit to them. Extra energy exerted should equal more pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

Worked for Hand and Stone Spa? Contribute to the Community!