Hand and Stone Spa

Okay for a massage mill

Former Employee - Massage Therapist  in  Morristown, NJ
Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa part-time for more than a year

Pros

camaraderie, nice working conditions

Cons

Quick turn over from one massage to the next, booking massages back to back with out breaks

give breaks to your therapists don't book multiple massages back to back

65 Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa (View Most Recent)

A good place to start.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa full-time

Pros

At this particular location, I am pretty happy. The spa is clean, the staff is professional and polite and our manager is very good at what he does. Everything is provided to us. I enjoy my co-workers. Nice big break room for when we're waiting for our clients, with a full kitchen. The pay isn't terrible at this location because I usually have a steady stream of clients. I love the product lines we use - Clarity and Dermalogica. Everything is very organized here.

Cons

There are some days where things aren't so organized, but it's so much better than many places. The front desk sometimes books people at odd times making things a little difficult or stressful (back to back appointments can be brutal), but they don't do it very often, at least not to the estheticians. We need a lounge area for our guests, since it's tough when they need to be with a massage therapist who isn't ready for them yet and I need to flip my room for the next guest. Where am I supposed to put them? Sometimes our manager can get cranky and overwhelmed because he's taking on so much. The clients here are very hit or miss...many of them are cheap and do not tip well. The steamers are unreliable and break often. Laundry is sometimes stressful because we run low on linens. The spa is usually open even during bad weather - so if you're unlucky enough to be scheduled to work, you might end up not getting paid that day even though you risked your life to get there. Uncool. You only get paid if you have a service.

Continue to communicate. When faced with major snow days (like today, 10 inches!) maybe close the spa? It's dangerous to have your employees to come out for what could be a zero-client (meaning no money) work day.

An excellent place for new therapists.

Former Employee - Massage Therapist  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa full-time for more than a year

Pros

All your clients are booked for you yet you retain control over your booking preferences. Very flexible hours.

Cons

The pay is far too low for the more successful or experienced therapists. therapists are paid per service and compensation increase is rare and rarely enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

Worked for Hand and Stone Spa? Contribute to the Community!