Hand and Stone Spa

www.handandstonecareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

Experience varies based on franchise owner

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great opportunities for idea-sharing and cooperation. Great work-life balance completely acheivable with any position.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement in most positions, little consistency between spas since most are individually owned. Therapists are paid commission only plus tips. Not much opportunity for professional development. No healthcare benefits.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa (View Most Recent)

H & S Spas are the Walmart of the industry

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa

Pros

Not many - get experience while you are new.

Cons

Huge turner over. No respect for industry. Owners have no experience other than buying up a franchise and letting it run itself (then they wonder why there is significant turns with employees and clients).

There is an educated and strategic importance to "working from the bottom up." The managers/owners of these franchises have NO spa experience at all! To them, showing up once every two weeks to flip on lights and music is considered work - they cannot conceptualize how much effort we, the therapists, put into building client relationships just to make them money. The don't get why the therapists NEED product, or cotton, or cannot be double booked, or for that matter should get a break to eat and pee! We were treated like factory workers in third world countries. And the best was when my boss would come back after her girls beach weekend with her Tori Burch shoes and Louis Vuitton bags asking me to stay after a solid-booked 8 hour shift to give her a facial! If you are new to the industry, get your feet wet here, but get out ASAP!

Best Job I have ever had

Current Employee - SPA Associate in Estero, FL
    Current Employee - SPA Associate in Estero, FL

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The employers here are very kind, and they care very much about their employees. They do not over work you and the pay is very decent compared to the four other jobs I have had. They are very flexible with your schedule and they are very understanding when you make a mistake. I could not ask for a better job.

Cons

Drama between some of the therapists. But other than that, I love my job. I work up front so I do not have to deal with it.

Keep doing what you are doing. I could not ask for better management. The management here treats people how they would like to be treated.

There are newer employer reviews for Hand and Stone Spa