Hanger
www.hanger.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Just my opinion.

Office Administrator (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

ProsVery solid company. Oldest and largest maker of prosthetics and orthotics in USA (world?). Has established different levels of management right through to the top. Opportunity to interact with many different states/cities/sites and attend annual Education Fair. Bonuses are paid (dependent upon certain criteria being met) and special commissions are paid (based on certain devices being sold). Company has rock-solid reputation in their field. For the most part, training is extensive and company has manuals to look to for answers when necessary. Weekly "newspaper" is published and often addresses ongoing issues within the field. Quarterly teleconferences are held by President to update employees on health and growth of the company.

ConsThe last person on the totem pole has a difficult time communicating needs (and having problems looked into). While the ability to ask questions, seek help, etc. is available, that does not always translate into successful resolutions. Because company is national, they do not involve locals in discussions regarding local insurance carriers and tend to make generalized decisions regarding compensation. While I can appreciate a national company being more interested in national companies such as Cigna and Travelers, local carriers are extremely important for Hanger offices and shouldn't be ignored or given fleeting glances. Some offices, of which there are approximately 650, are quite small and, thus, are dependent upon management located elsewhere to help out/teach/mentor. No merit raises are paid, at least that I'm aware of, and annual pay raises (approximately 3%) are supposedly based on cost-of-living. Profit-and-loss statements for individual offices/areas are rarely shared. Clinical and clerical supplies are lumped together and that can make for difficult budgeting. I'm sure fiscal growth is extremely important but I would like to hear more emphasis being placed on patient needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge with positive feedback those employees/offices which have improved performance as opposed to only addressing the negative. Allow employees in offices which have little growth to spend time with employees/offices which continue to have positive growth. While there are general rules to follow, each office appears to have different ways of interpreting how to follow those rules and it would be of benefit to employees to be able to see how an efficient and profitable office is run.

Intern and temp worker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hanger as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Very nice group of coworkers who are open and willing… Cons: Not much interaction from the team since they're located at… More

Its a job, not a career

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros: That one patient, that one person you help, adds some… Cons: You will spend your days being talked down to Corporate culture is one of the worst. Despite what management says there is no open door policy Training… Advice to Senior Management: Don't waste your time, no one is listening. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hanger.

Worked for Hanger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hanger CEO Vinit K. Asar. All reviews posted anonymously by Hanger employees.