Hanna Andersson

www.hannaandersson.com

Good and Bad Experiences

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

I really enjoy the company and brand. I enjoyed learning about their various products and requirements, such as their product safety measures and european sizing. They also have a fantastic return policy and really strive for customer satisfaction. I felt like it was a great customer service focused atmosphere. The customers were friendly and open, easy to approach and interact with. Friendly staff for the most part. Majority of employees have been with the company for a year or longer. They were knowledgeable and a great resource if I had questions. Overall, I felt like I had some great experiences there.

Cons

There is little room for advancement. The company will promote from within but there are very few openings to move into. When I spoke with a manager regarding the potential for advancement she commented "well the only position you would be qualified for would be the key-holder position and i don't see _______ going anywhere anytime soon" and walked away from our conversation. The same manager would schedule me for long shifts on Saturdays. (Long=over 9hrs) When I attempted to discuss with the same manager my need for a shorter shift at least every other weekend for school work, she initially agreed but after two weeks I was back to working long Saturdays. The same manager would also use me as an example if I did something improperly, like folding an item. She would call attention to my mistake or make me fold the item over and over while other employees watched until I got it right. At times it was not a comfortable workplace and I did feel targeted and isolated. While I did have some great experiences at Hanna, these negative experiences caused me to leave and find employment elsewhere.

Continue to have the same customer service focused atmosphere. Work to create a more comfortable understanding atmosphere, don't penalize or embarrass employees for making mistakes. I would like to see more advancement opportunities, but it is a small company with few stores.

Other reviews for Hanna Andersson

Great company

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  North Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Bethesda, MD

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Not enough hours during the week

I love my manager

great team environment, learn how to do EVERYTHING in retail, good benefits for fulltime

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

+Great team environment! Everyone is involved in selling, markdowns, floor moves, cleaning, returns, merchandizing, etc. If you show initiative and skill then you can do it! There is never a single employee doing the "dirty work". No commission and no zones.
    +It has the best quality in children's clothing. I can stand behind the product I sell.
    +Good discount

Cons

-Not a lot of advancement opportunities due to the small size of the company
    -Not very diverse in advertisements/catalogs. The holiday season is very Christmas based.

I find the management team extremely open in communications and have no need to post feedback anonymously online. Sales associates are well appreciated here!

There are newer employer reviews for Hanna Andersson.

Worked for Hanna Andersson? Contribute to the Community!