Hannaford Bros.

www.hannaford.com
  www.hannaford.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hannaford Bros.

Before developing my professional skills, it is a fantastic place to build customer service experience

Former Employee - Cashier in South Portland, ME
Former Employee - Cashier in South Portland, ME

I worked at Hannaford Bros.

Pros

Great benefits for a store employee: 20 hours of paid time off per year, scheduled increase in compensation, flexible hours, great store leadership team

Cons

Employee turnover is very high, standards of professionalism for store employees is low, no employee discount, store manager turnover is also very high.

The associate cohesiveness needs attention if the company itself wants to expand its 170-some stores. It seems that since 2007 the leadership team has not had a solid working relationship and that is reflected down to the store employees and front end team.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Hannaford Bros. (View Most Recent)

Decent job with okay pay, but middle and upper management doesnt care about their associates and treats most poorly

Former Employee - Front End Service Leader in Hooksett, NH
    Former Employee - Front End Service Leader in Hooksett, NH

I worked at Hannaford Bros.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling
    Good Benefits
    Good first-time job

Cons

Management doesnt care about associates
    Management plays favorites to an extreme, and I'm saying this as one of the favorites

Stop treating our associates poorly and treat them likes people. Everyone one plays favorites but extremes are bad.

An enjoyable experience, but at times hectic.

Former Employee - Service Clerk in Wells, ME
    Former Employee - Service Clerk in Wells, ME

I worked at Hannaford Bros.

Pros

They gave good hours.
    It was easy to take time off.
    They had friendly staff and management.
    There was good, thorough training.

Cons

There was an emphasis on being fast - cashiers were timed and needed to fill certain time quotas.
    Strict sign in sign out policy concerning breaks.
    Quick Kart machine was difficult (our parking lot was on a steep hill and it was hard to move a line of like 20 carts).
    There were a lot of frustrated people from the nearby beach, and a lot of clearly-of-age Candians from Quebec (where the drinking age is 18), left without their ids and frustrated at Hannaford's strict card-people-if-they-look-younger-than-FORTY policy.

Be easier on people when they need to take breaks. Give more regular feedback. Make the training less about computer programs and more about interactive learning.

There are newer employer reviews for Hannaford Bros.