There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Hospital

BAD

I worked at Hanover Hospital

Pros

Some co-workers are OK just watch your back!

Cons

Upper managment came and went regularly as does the CEO. It's all about the MONEY to them not patient care. They charge interest on budget plans in these hard times! Must constantly watch your back.

Pay more attention to patients and workers below you instead of $.

reviews filtered by
  1. Interface Engineer

I worked at Hanover Hospital

Pros

Benefits are excellent for employees

Cons

Love my work job there

2. Advice from Longtime RN: Look elsewhere first!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hanover, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hanover, PA

I have been working at Hanover Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Safe and easy commute. Easy parking. Many good co-workers

Cons

I worked here for many years. My manager was a woman so completely self absorbed that she never missed a photo op or chance to brand an employee's good idea as her own. She promoted perceived loyalty to her over ability, education, and experience every time. Very insecure and controlling, though this was not confined to our department exclusively. Several other managers were also very "difficult." Some were ok. The CNO is out of touch with reality. She has brought on some of her cronies from MD hospitals where she has worked in the past who are equally poor leaders. The wages are poor. There was no weekend differential and shift differentials were poor. Nurses are floated from unit to unit with little consideration for skill or patient acuity. It can be dangerous at times due to the staffing mix. They prefer young staff who make less money and who will be less likely to challenge authority. Those with opinions or backbones need not apply. They insist wages are "market" competitive. I think they are comparing their wages with Myers Meat Market, maybe?

A new team would be best for patients and staff. The hospital needs charismatic leadership not simply a superficial face lift to boost the HCAHPS. It may be all about the survey to you, but it is really all about the patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Hospital