There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Insurance

Overall, a good experience!

Current Employee - Customer Service Operations Consultant
Current Employee - Customer Service Operations Consultant

I have been working at Hanover Insurance

Pros

They are partial to the talented and creative. They promote community service and try to show appreciation to employees. There is a lot of great talent in senior management and they are relatively accessible.

Cons

Middle management lacks creativity and are often out of touch with their associates. They are big on autonomy, but the downside of that is a lack of feedback from immediate managers.

Advice to Management

Strive to have more contact with associates.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. OK

Former Employee - Underwriter
    Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at Hanover Insurance

Pros

Good starting salary with the company. There are a lot of talented people who work at the company. Overall a good first job.

Cons

Terrible career advancement opportunities withing the company. Operationally the company is in ruins. Most employees are overworked and upset with the environment.

Advice to Management

They need to reorganize the floor from an operational standpoint. It has become a call center not an underwriting floor.

2. Hanover Insurance: A great company to work for

I have been working at Hanover Insurance

Pros

You can tell many of the employees at Hanover are happy to be working here. I have no worked at this company long, but from speaking to other people it seems like there are many opportunities to move up within the company if you want to. The company provides education reimbursement and generally speaking it's a neat place to work as there is a cafeteria, gym, doctor's office and even a chapel all on campus.

Cons

The only con that I can think of at this time is that the company will not cancel work no matter how bad the weather is. I've heard from employees that have worked here 30+ years that work has never been canceled. I suppose this is a pretty trivial complaint though.

Advice to Management

I have not worked at Hanover Insurance long enough at this point to notice any real flaws in their management practices.