Hanover Insurance
www.hanover.com Worcester, MA 5000+ Employees

Manage through fear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Worcester, MA

ProsStill some good people left there, Good work/life balance, nice cafe and convenience store, compensation is fair, plenty of parking, convenient location.

ConsTechnology management is seasoned to manage through fear, holding your job over your head, very demotivating. Very poor direction, priorities and cooperation from Technology leadership irratic and nonexestant respectfully. Dangle carrots, but you never get attain it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnology leadership and management need to stop being cut-throat, and support your workforce, reward people, not just the chosen few, who, despite being inept at their jobs, get promoted.

Excellent work enviorment, with a great work life balance and a stable place to work.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hanover Insurance

Pros: The people are great to work with and the company is really starting to evelove. I… Cons: Growth in the company depends on who you know and if you are… Advice to Senior Management: I think some older departments need to be revamped and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I was sucked into a black hole. All talk with no action.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hanover Insurance

Pros: - Company isn't going anywhere (160 years old) - Good Benefits Cons: - Treated like children, all talk and no action - Micro Managed - Black hole - no advancement opportunities - Schedules change with little notice, holes in the… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within! Get competent management who care about employee development and listen to their employees. Have some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hanover Insurance.

Worked for Hanover Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanover Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hanover Insurance CEO Fred Eppinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Hanover Insurance employees.