There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Insurance

Diorganized Chaos

Former Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter  in  Salem, VA
Former Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Salem, VA

I worked at Hanover Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best thing was the salary was decent and the benefits were good.

Cons

The management staff was very poor at working with their employees and never pointed out the good things accomplished. Management always looked for ways to critisize instead of complimenting. Due to the it was a very hostile work enviroment.

Work with your employees not against them. Truely work as a team, dont just give lip service...

114 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Insurance (View Most Recent)

Worst Job I have Ever Had

Former Employee - Insurance Service Professional  in  Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Insurance Service Professional in Worcester, MA

I worked at Hanover Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay
    Amazing benefits
    Beautiful campus
    Lots of wonderful people

Cons

- Management treats employees as though they are incompetent
    - Extremely disorganized & chaotic
    - The service center is a black hole and even though your co-workers (not management) are wonderful, they'll all agree with you on how miserable it is to work in that department
    - Very little notice on when schedule changes are made, we have been told the day of even
    - Management treats employees extremely disrespectfully
    - Very political and barely any chance to move up.
    - No matter what you do, management will NEVER listen to you. I had some wonderfully intelligent people on my team that had recommendations, and they were completely ignored.
    - No matter how much work you do, you can be top in sales, you will get yelled at for something
    - EXTREMELY micromanaged. All of us would get points taken off (banned from bonus) FROM GOING TO THE BATHROOM. Also, they have yelled at many people for coming back from lunch (I kid you not), either one minute late or in my case, 1 minute and 45 seconds late....

Hanover Insurance gets tax breaks for hiring so many people every year so they really don't mind the huge turnover. I wish they would have listened to their intelligent, charismatic staff and valued who they had employeed. Instead of being a typical call center with new hires every month, they could have retained people of strong knowledge who knew the systems and knew the contents. My original staff left. I think out of a staff of 30, only five original people are left. Beware! Some of those people even left without jobs to replace Hanover's!! That's how uncomfortable it is there.

Great!

Current Employee - Commercial Lines Representative  in  Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Commercial Lines Representative in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Hanover Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people working in a great environment.

Cons

Difficult to move up from your starting position.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Insurance

Worked for Hanover Insurance? Contribute to the Community!