There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Insurance

Rats off a sinking ship in Michigan

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Howell, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, MI

I have been working at Hanover Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Managers are so busy filling vacancies of fleeing employees, no one holds us accountable for anything.

2. Our professional development now includes daily role playing on how to handle unprofessional, unethical and inappropriate behavior from RVP, and State Management.

3. Once average employees are suddenly valuable and desired now that the best ones are gone. Don't worry, there is still time to get in on this. More people will leave soon!

4. Casual dress code installed by new RVP. Shirts unbuttoned to mid chest, loafers with no socks. Chest hair OK.

Cons

1. Real lack of leadership in this place. RP is disengaged. Just an old guy trying to finish his career and get out. Complete inability to judge talent as witnessed by the number of jerks and incompetent people in key roles who are allowed to hang on. Hiring new RVP who is unqualified for the role and creating havoc on the office is just the latest. This guy is a joke.

2. Unclear expectations and no real path for promotion. We hire incompetent people from the outside who block the way for lower level employees. People leave for much better
jobs.

3. Talented people are leaving everyday. My work is growing. Morale is bad. Not confident it will be fixed until RP and RVP are gone.

4. HR has ignored serious issues for years. They are no help.

5. Sadly, our agents are suffering too. Ignored and unheard. New guy says, "Everything is great".

Fred, It's time for a new "journey" in Michigan. We are on the same path as the Edmund Fitzgerald.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Insurance (View Most Recent)

Very cohesive company, great culture, and even better people

Current Employee - FLIP  in  Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - FLIP in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Hanover Insurance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The folks I worked with are all knowledgeable and friendly. They are happy to be working here and all value their positions. Also, there is room for advancement, and quickly, if you are passionate about your job

Cons

Managers have their ways set in stone it seems

Continue to foster the development of the FLPs and FLiPs

Great place if you show initiiative

Current Employee - Middle Market Underwriter  in  Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Middle Market Underwriter in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Hanover Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If your manager is good, it's a great place. They are civic minded and provide good work like balance. Bonus program is pretty good.

Cons

None really. I work hard and advancement opportunities are plenty if you seek them.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Insurance

Worked for Hanover Insurance? Contribute to the Community!