There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Hanover embodies a fast-paced meritocracy which is perfect for ambitious young professionals.

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Managing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Attractive bonus and compensation potential
+ Staff is smart, energetic, and hard-working
+ Fast growth of the firm consistently produces new opportunities and a dynamic atmosphere
+ 401(k) with 2% employer match
+ Great health benefits
+ Perks such as the occasional catered breakfast/lunch, and comped dinners after 7 pm
+ High level of staff involvement for community service events and happy hours/fundraisers

Cons

As Hanover has grown quite quickly in the past few years a need for professional development for mid-upper level management has evolved which to date has not been met

It would be great to have easy access to professional sales and management training

40 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research (View Most Recent)

Great, if you're in Development; if not, it's still not too bad

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of flexibility
    Good experience
    Ability to hone research skills, if you're willing to learn
    Ability to work alone and be responsible for your own work

Cons

Upper management
    No recognition from upper management
    Quota system and churning project after project out makes it seem like an assembly-line job

There's definitely a focus on Development, in every sense, even though the researchers are the ones doing the actual work once the members' are in the door. Keeping the sales relationship is essential, but without the work researchers do, best of luck, development. It's also common knowledge that salaries in development were higher. Hope it's not the case still, but wouldn't bet on any changes.

Upper management does not care about researchers. When I was there, we were just a pool of people who wrote reports all day - we don't have names, and even if we did, it probably wouldn't even matter. Updates from upper management focused almost only on Development.

My advice: Ever wonder why turnover is so high in research? Some recognition would be nice. Also, give promotions where and when due. That is part of the reason I left when I did.

To address one of the comments left earlier, the researchers look young - I was surprised to learn how old they really were and just how many advanced degrees were held among them all. So, they're not all 20 year olds, which is reassuring.

Good for someone who has never had a job or any office experience, otherwise a waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you've never worked in an office, had an internship, or didn't get much of an education, you'd fit right in. It's a fun environment with young people, but that's also a major con.

Cons

Because of the lack of management, so much relies on people under 30 who have no management skills and don't know how to effectively execute work or communicate. The best learning environment for a young professional is to have a mix of staff, with older, more experienced staff leading the way.

They're so desperate for new staff because of turnover that they shell out tons of $$$ on recruiting forms.

Do your job - manage. Get a decent CEO and active Board of Directors.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!