There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

In my two years at Hanover

Current Employee - Development Director in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Development Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hanover is an exciting place for young, driven professionals to learn about themselves and excel in a workplace setting. In my two years at Hanover, the company has always rewarded me excellently for my hard work. My experience at Hanover epitomizes the opportunities the company has to offer - I have experienced tremendous growth both professionally and personally in a short amount of time. There are several formal structures and processes in place that help guide Development Associates to Senior Development Associates to Development Directors to Managing Directors very quickly. The mentorship between each Development Associate and Development Director at Hanover is invaluable. The fast-paced nature of the job and continuous opportunities for upward mobility are powerful engagers and motivators. From my first day all expectations of me have been clearly articulated and I’ve always known exactly what I’ve needed to accomplish in order to get myself to the next level.

Cons

The pressure to produce at Hanover can be quite intense at times, and sometimes can lead to insecurity among employees. If you prefer a very safe, mild, predictable work environment you will not be happy at Hanover. If you are open to pushing yourself, working as a team, and thinking outside the box you will be a great fit here.

Communication is key. With information comes knowledge, with knowledge comes empowerment and with empowerment comes confident employees and confident employees generate new business. Continue to remain open to all ideas, comments, questions and concerns on both the research and development side.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research (View Most Recent)

Hanover embodies a fast-paced meritocracy which is perfect for ambitious young professionals.

Current Employee - Managing Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

+ Attractive bonus and compensation potential
    + Staff is smart, energetic, and hard-working
    + Fast growth of the firm consistently produces new opportunities and a dynamic atmosphere
    + 401(k) with 2% employer match
    + Great health benefits
    + Perks such as the occasional catered breakfast/lunch, and comped dinners after 7 pm
    + High level of staff involvement for community service events and happy hours/fundraisers

Cons

As Hanover has grown quite quickly in the past few years a need for professional development for mid-upper level management has evolved which to date has not been met

It would be great to have easy access to professional sales and management training

Great, if you're in Development; if not, it's still not too bad

Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of flexibility
    Good experience
    Ability to hone research skills, if you're willing to learn
    Ability to work alone and be responsible for your own work

Cons

Upper management
    No recognition from upper management
    Quota system and churning project after project out makes it seem like an assembly-line job

There's definitely a focus on Development, in every sense, even though the researchers are the ones doing the actual work once the members' are in the door. Keeping the sales relationship is essential, but without the work researchers do, best of luck, development. It's also common knowledge that salaries in development were higher. Hope it's not the case still, but wouldn't bet on any changes.

Upper management does not care about researchers. When I was there, we were just a pool of people who wrote reports all day - we don't have names, and even if we did, it probably wouldn't even matter. Updates from upper management focused almost only on Development.

My advice: Ever wonder why turnover is so high in research? Some recognition would be nice. Also, give promotions where and when due. That is part of the reason I left when I did.

To address one of the comments left earlier, the researchers look young - I was surprised to learn how old they really were and just how many advanced degrees were held among them all. So, they're not all 20 year olds, which is reassuring.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research