Hanover Research
www.hanoverresearch.com Washington, DC 150 to 499 Employees

The Lazy Need Not Apply

Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThis company is experiencing fast growth, which means busy people and major opportunities for employees. We're about to break into the top 50 research firms in the country and we just hit 100 employees with no slowing down in sight. Most of us have had the chance to take ownership of some really exciting work; if you have a good idea and you're willing to log the hours, Hanover is a place where you can leave your mark.

Hanover's generous with the job perks and the atmosphere is very social. We all have tons of work to do, but smart, interesting coworkers mean plenty of social breaks from the daily grind.

ConsEveryone here is over capacity, which is great as far as growth opportunities are concerned, but frustrating until you're paid for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm going to echo the communication issues. There are too many secrets around here and there's not enough communication between departments.

Looks good on your resume, but the cons outweighs the pros.

Researcher (Former Employee)

I worked at Hanover Research

Pros: Good opportunity for someone who is proactive and will work hard to advance; incredibly laid-back environment; easy place to fly "under the radar" if you… Cons: Leadership is nonexistent; the company is poorly run; there is zero transparency about any important decisions being made; some departments (marketing) and individuals (certain high-selling… Advice to Senior Management: Hanover is doing fine as a company and its members appear to be happy with the work they are receiving, fine. And it's not a… More

Valuable Opportunity if You're Proactive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hanover Research

Pros: Great environment to learn and explore Management is open to new ideas and new ways of doing business, if you're willing to share your opinions Lots of… Cons: Very little professional development support or on-the-job training Lack of opportunity for structured career growth beyond director roles Most job skills are self-taught "Product" innovation is… Advice to Senior Management: Hanover has established itself as a good place for entry-level employees to gain some on-the-ground experience and establish baseline leadership capabilities. However, the current challenge… More
There are newer reviews on Hanover Research.

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanover Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hanover Research CEO Peter G. Dodge. All reviews posted anonymously by Hanover Research employees.