Hanover Research

www.hanoverresearch.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Great opportunity for talented and driven individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

- Hard work and talent do not go unnoticed. With the fast growth of the company and a meritocratic culture, there is no need to 'wait your turn' before promotion.
- A company culture that strikes the right balance between ambition and hard work, and socialization and community service. Happy hours, potlucks, trivia nights, and charity events are encouraged and well-attended.

Cons

- As mentioned many times in these reviews, professional development and training programs are sorely needed. Currently, the employees who have been successful are those who haven't needed much help in terms of training. Instituting a new employee training program would help build confidence and satisfaction for many others who might find much of the work (for both Content and Business Development) to be challenging.
- As a researcher on the Content side, and it be easy at times to feel like a cog in the machine. More could be done to encourage every employee to understand the 'big picture'.

Growth is great, and there is no lack of applicants for the growing number of positions, but more could be done to ensure current employee satisfaction and retention.

This needn't require pay increases/more vacation time (although those would be nice!), as great gains could be made through more simple increases to training, communication and openness.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research (View Most Recent)

Hanover embodies a fast-paced meritocracy which is perfect for ambitious young professionals.

Current Employee - Managing Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

+ Attractive bonus and compensation potential
    + Staff is smart, energetic, and hard-working
    + Fast growth of the firm consistently produces new opportunities and a dynamic atmosphere
    + 401(k) with 2% employer match
    + Great health benefits
    + Perks such as the occasional catered breakfast/lunch, and comped dinners after 7 pm
    + High level of staff involvement for community service events and happy hours/fundraisers

Cons

As Hanover has grown quite quickly in the past few years a need for professional development for mid-upper level management has evolved which to date has not been met

It would be great to have easy access to professional sales and management training

In my two years at Hanover

Current Employee - Development Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Development Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hanover is an exciting place for young, driven professionals to learn about themselves and excel in a workplace setting. In my two years at Hanover, the company has always rewarded me excellently for my hard work. My experience at Hanover epitomizes the opportunities the company has to offer - I have experienced tremendous growth both professionally and personally in a short amount of time. There are several formal structures and processes in place that help guide Development Associates to Senior Development Associates to Development Directors to Managing Directors very quickly. The mentorship between each Development Associate and Development Director at Hanover is invaluable. The fast-paced nature of the job and continuous opportunities for upward mobility are powerful engagers and motivators. From my first day all expectations of me have been clearly articulated and I’ve always known exactly what I’ve needed to accomplish in order to get myself to the next level.

Cons

The pressure to produce at Hanover can be quite intense at times, and sometimes can lead to insecurity among employees. If you prefer a very safe, mild, predictable work environment you will not be happy at Hanover. If you are open to pushing yourself, working as a team, and thinking outside the box you will be a great fit here.

Communication is key. With information comes knowledge, with knowledge comes empowerment and with empowerment comes confident employees and confident employees generate new business. Continue to remain open to all ideas, comments, questions and concerns on both the research and development side.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research