Hanover Research
www.hanoverresearch.com Washington, DC 150 to 499 Employees

Great opportunity for talented and driven individuals

Washington, DC

Pros- Hard work and talent do not go unnoticed. With the fast growth of the company and a meritocratic culture, there is no need to 'wait your turn' before promotion.
- A company culture that strikes the right balance between ambition and hard work, and socialization and community service. Happy hours, potlucks, trivia nights, and charity events are encouraged and well-attended.

Cons- As mentioned many times in these reviews, professional development and training programs are sorely needed. Currently, the employees who have been successful are those who haven't needed much help in terms of training. Instituting a new employee training program would help build confidence and satisfaction for many others who might find much of the work (for both Content and Business Development) to be challenging.
- As a researcher on the Content side, and it be easy at times to feel like a cog in the machine. More could be done to encourage every employee to understand the 'big picture'.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is great, and there is no lack of applicants for the growing number of positions, but more could be done to ensure current employee satisfaction and retention.

This needn't require pay increases/more vacation time (although those would be nice!), as great gains could be made through more simple increases to training, communication and openness.

Hanover embodies a fast-paced meritocracy which is perfect for ambitious young professionals.

Managing Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: + Attractive bonus and compensation potential + Staff is smart, energetic, and hard-working + Fast growth of the firm consistently produces new opportunities and a dynamic atmosphere +… Cons: As Hanover has grown quite quickly in the past few years a need for… Advice to Senior Management: It would be great to have easy access to professional… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In my two years at Hanover

Development Director (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time for more than a year

Pros: Hanover is an exciting place for young, driven professionals to learn about themselves and excel in a workplace setting. In my two years at Hanover,… Cons: The pressure to produce at Hanover can be quite intense at times, and sometimes can lead to insecurity among employees. If you prefer a very… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key. With information comes knowledge, with knowledge comes empowerment and with empowerment comes confident employees and confident employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hanover Research.

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanover Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hanover Research CEO Peter G. Dodge. All reviews posted anonymously by Hanover Research employees.