There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Hanover has been one of the most positive work environments in which I have had the pleasure to work.

Current Employee - Grants Consultant  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Grants Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great medical and retirement benefits
- Leadership style management approach
- Team oriented
- Work-life balance

Cons

There are no real negative aspects to my position.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research (View Most Recent)

Great starter job for 20-somethings to gain basic administrative skills, not the place to house your career.

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

(for Sales) Fun environment, great entry-level pay, very nice office space. Great benefits. Aggressive, goal-driven atmosphere.

Cons

Inexperienced, impulsive, and immature executive leadership team. Smart people, but they do not have concrete or proven management skills.
    Entry level associates make more than many directors or managers which creates a very lopsided compensation structure. Compensation is also directly correlated to your "luck of the draw" in terms of the director you are placed with.
    Uncertain what the function of "Strategy" is other than hypothesizing and whiteboard-drawing. If it's going to be an arm of the company, research and initial outreach to garner interest for new product development should definitely fall under this umbrella. Sales team should be busy selling, not hounding executives for informational interviews regarding products that may or may not be launched.

Why would anyone in sales work hard to prove his or herself and move up at Hanover when a promotion is met with a substantial pay cut? I made more money as an entry-level sales associate than many of the mid-level sales directors or partner solutions representatives. Hanover is able to attract and hire talent, but is unable to retain it. Let managers manage. Senior-level executives should not expect to be involved with every single minutia, and if they are, what is the point in having managers if they must seek approval from leadership for every single action they take?

Hanover Research Response

Jan 2, 2014CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our rich benefits package and goal-driven environment so we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Hanover Research. As a relatively young ... More

A great place if you are highly motivated, hardworking, and results-driven

Current Employee - Senior Development Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Development Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hanover is unparalleled in the opportunities it provides for upward-mobility. If you are smart, hardworking, and eager to succeed, you will fit in here. There is also a great, young company culture, and coworkers spend a lot of time together outside of work. This is a great place to jump start your career, especially if you want to make a competitive salary with healthy bonuses .

Cons

Sometimes the work can feel monotonous and it is up to you to stay engaged. Although they are getting better about this, systems need to be put in place so that there is greater transparency. The pressure to hit goals is more than many can handle (I guess that would be how one determines if they fit at a company like this).

We need depend on our own market research to set goals that are realistic. There needs to be more transparency and a greater effort to retain employees; we should be pouring resources into current employees to cultivate their skills, rather than hiring external employees that demand higher salaries and are costly to onboard and train.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!