There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Fast-paced environment at a small but growing company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Talented and fairly young employee pool. Great benefits.

Cons

Lean leadership team which also tends to be on the younger, less experienced side.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research (View Most Recent)

Young company with a bright future

Former Employee - Development Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Development Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

-First, and most importantly, Hanover's services are excellent. Working in development, I never once felt like we were trying to take advantage of a client. Contract renewal rates are very high, and clients get tons of value from Hanover's services. The research staff is full of PhDs, MBAs, and other advanced degrees (I saw a review on here questioning that, the qualifications of the staff are readily available: http://www.hanoverresearch.com/grant-consulting-bios/). Clients are very confident in our work. Hanover's business model is phenomenal and stands alone against competitors.

-Coworkers: All of the employees at Hanover are very bright, driven, and hard-working. Hanover attracts talent from top, elite universities, and the entire staff was a pleasure to work with.

-Culture: Bureaucracy is minimal, and if you do good work, you WILL be noticed and acknowledged. The entire development staff works hard to succeed together as a team, not in spite of each other.

-Office: Great location on K Street, just a few blocks from the White House. One block from the red line, tons of restaurants and food trucks nearby, and nice office space with gym.

-Perks: From Redskin tickets to impromptu (and frequent) comped lunches to free snacks, the little perks DO make a difference.

-Benefits: Fully covered healthcare, 401K with employer match, gym access.

Cons

-Bonus pay can be uncertain, and can sometimes feel like it depends more on luck than effort. This is a issue with practically any development/sales job, but I believe that somewhat higher base salaries would help retain top talent who are capable of collecting bigger paychecks elsewhere.

-Management can, at times, be unrealistic with goals and expectations. We need to rely on our own research capabilities more.

-As a development associate, the work can feel monotonous. If you just come in, do your job description, and go home, it will get old fast. You need to be proactive. Study trends in your industry, work closely with your director, perform your own analysis projects. Management is always happy to hear input from the entry level employees, take advantage of this. Since Hanover hires high caliber staff, most associates don't fall into a monotonous routine, but it would be nice to have some more career training to facilitate and encourage interesting projects.

Great Company to Launch your Career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Across my year and a half at Hanover, I've found the company to be an excellent transition point from college into the professional world. Hanover gives entry level employees an opportunity to grow within the organization, move up in the company, and try positions across departments. Working at Hanover is certainly a learning experience--providing professional development opportunities and visibility into senior management for all employees along their career paths. For my young age, I feel I was given a great deal of responsibility and felt truly empowered in my interactions with senior management. My ideas had a frequent forum to be heard and I feel that I had the ability to create change in the organization.

- Benefits: 100% paid medical + fun perks like happy hours, Redskins/ Caps tickets, and annual parties/company gatherings

- Community Outreach: Hanover believes in providing opportunities outside of the workplace, including a strong community partnership with a local non-profit and an annual company-wide day of service

Cons

Hanover is definitely a work hard atmosphere, so be prepared to put your all into your daily work and rise to high expectations.

There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!