There are newer employer reviews for Hapag-Lloyd

Hapag Lloyd

Former Employee - Sales Steering Coordinator in Kennesaw, GA
Former Employee - Sales Steering Coordinator in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Hapag-Lloyd

Pros

Very good place to work

Cons

Was downsized in Aug 2009

Listen to your mid level staff

29 Other Employee Reviews for Hapag-Lloyd (View Most Recent)

Summer intern for 2009 in tampa, and houston

Former Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hapag-Lloyd

Pros

The workforce at Hapag LLoyd is very diverse, and as an intern i had an opportunity to filter throughout all the different departments within the company. They also paid for all expenses that i incurred while traveling with the company to the different ports that i visited during the internship. Overall the staff was very helpful and i felt that they enjoyed having interns working with them particularly during the summer months when business picked up.

Cons

There was no opportunity for overtime and i was forced to take an hour for lunch. I wish i could have worked a bit more throughout the day, perhaps started earlier and gone home sooner. Other than that it was very good work environment. Some days there was alot of downtime which forced me to find different things to do throughout the company.

The program overall is very good and could use little improvement. I believe that the interns are very well cared for, especially with the relocation assistance. Management had a very open door policy with the interns and we were allowed to ask many questions which was very valuable.

Not for the ambitious. Steady paycheck for status quo.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Hapag-Lloyd

Pros

Excellent benefits and health insurance. One of the few companies still offering an actual pension in addition to the 401k program.

Cons

Extremely limited upward opportunity. The positions are quite stale and getting more encumbered with tasks due to continued downsizing. Customers are feeling this and are resentful.

Think outside the box to give customers the product they need and empower the sales force to do it and the inside support to make it happen. Keep outside sales outside, don't burden them with covering inside sales tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for Hapag-Lloyd