Harbor Freight Tools
www.harborfreight.com Calabasas, CA 5000+ Employees

A great company, but...

Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee)
Slidell, LA

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools part-time for less than a year

ProsBetter than average starting pay and good benefits. A good company to work for if the management was any good.

ConsThe management at the store at Slidell, LA wouldn't work with second job schedule. Told me she would, but as soon as schedule was made she told me to figure it out myself. Very disrespectful and rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs some kind of basic management skills. You cannot treat people like dirt and expect them to have any loyalty or be good employees. People skills are important.

Great place to work!

New Haven, CT

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of tools if you're into that sort of thing.… Cons: Very hard to get a promotion to manager. They do not promote within but hire ex… Advice to Senior Management: Please take a look at your staff in the bull pen waiting for a chance… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Chaos

Corporate Headquarters (Former Employee)
Calabasas, CA

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for less than a year

Pros: Growing company. Good concept, need to resolve corporate growing pains. Cons: Sr. Management has a revolving door of talent from competitors. They bring them in, mine… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Harbor Freight Tools.

Worked for Harbor Freight Tools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harbor Freight Tools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt . All reviews posted anonymously by Harbor Freight Tools employees.