Harbor Freight Tools

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Pleasant Hill, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (more than an year)

Pros

PTO & Sick time for part time employees

Cons

Under staffed for regular business. The warehouse has no to run it. So it's a mess.

361 Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools (View Most Recent)

Great people to work with... BUT...

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really liked the people I worked with. From the store manager and even his boss, down to the fellow grunts I threw truck with. The actual work isn't that hard, and if you just want extra money while in high school or college, It's an OK place to work. I can't stress enough how much I liked the people I worked with, very high cohesiveness in all departments. Some of the best people I've ever worked with. The PTO stacked up quickly. Lots of free time working there.

Cons

BUT... The pay is an absolute joke, as well as the hours. Towards the end of my employment, I was lucky to even get a day a week. It wasn't just me though, everyone's hours got cut. It was explained to me that because of the time of year, corporate cut the store's total hours to give out to associates. There was also a feeling that we were just numbers in corporate's eyes, that they only cared about numbers, nothing else. I'd heard about how it used to be good working for the company a few years ago from the old timers there. They all said the same thing... That thing was that the company's business model had changed for the worse. They were right. They are now mercilessly sales driven, no regard for anything other than numbers. Don't work here if your bills depend on it... or if you want to advance within the company. It won't happen.

Don't forget that people need HOURS to LIVE on, You're not just hiring teens and college students who just need beer money. You're also hiring people with bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Save yourself the trouble and apply for Home Depot.

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time

Pros

Easy work, nice co-workers, great customers.

Cons

Work schedules are always messed up no matter how many times you give them your availability, maximum 10 minute break & 30 minute lunch, bare minimum pay rate, I can't count the number of times this company have completely dismissed employer rules and regulations, constantly understaffed, majority of the store are small and run down with horrible employee break rooms.

Please go back to school and at least obtains a Bachelors in Management to truly benefit the future of this company or let somebody with real experience and knowledge take over.

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools