Harbor Freight Tools
www.harborfreight.com Calabasas, CA 5000+ Employees

Harbor Freight Tools

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat work schedule, flexible hours if you are an exempt employee, decent benefits package and paid time off. Company is growing, room for growth at the store level.

ConsPlenty of turnover in upper management/executive level at the corporate office. HR department needs a solid leader that understands what the employees need in order to be successful. Lack of recognition to corporate employees that actually do their work instead of "brown-nosing" to their boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers that know how to get the best out of their employees. There are plenty of employees that skate by doing less than average work while high performing employees are not recognized.

so far so good

Cashier (Current Employee)
College Station, TX

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time for less than a year

Pros: great schedule, above average pay Cons: hard to deal with customers sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management is unskilled and places no trust in employees

Contractor (Former Employee)
Calabasas, CA

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Rank and file employees are friendly, hours are very stable… Cons: Management not very sophisticated, seemed clueless as how to respond to high turnover (3 employees in 3 weeks) in my group, feedback is ineffective or… Advice to Senior Management: Read a book on managing people - many of the… More

There are newer reviews on Harbor Freight Tools.

Worked for Harbor Freight Tools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harbor Freight Tools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt . All reviews posted anonymously by Harbor Freight Tools employees.