Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

reasonable work schedule, good bonus structure for management

Cons

upper management let there egos make poor decisions(regional level).

Value your good managers/employees who are always there when needed. Also, you can't retain good employees by giving them a 15 hours a week work schedule.

Other Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

casher

Current Employee - Casher  in  Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Casher in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My present store managers are extremely helpful and respectful. Flexible scheduling. As a senior working part time. I really can't think of working anywhere else.

Cons

Understaffed, (creates very poor customer service) pitiful pay, warranty company is getting worse and worse, mail card procedure is ridiculous. As a cashier I have to ask so many questions (or risk being written up) that I was standing there talking long after I'd finished ringing up items. Mandatory we play the radio in store and I smile every time I hear the Lowe's or Home Depot ads. Relying on mailing advertisements shows they are still a mail order company. Easily one of the biggest wastes of money I have ever seen – keep asking the same customers to fill out a mailing card. They want 300 a day and we do not get three hundred NEW customer a day, really a stupid idea. Most of my regulars feel sorry for me having to ask every time. Inside Track Club membership is completely bogus, if you receive a Sunday paper you'll get coupons better than the ones you have to pay for. Parking Lot Sale a lot of work but customer seam to like it. However there are no bargains, just same prices without needing coupons.

Treat those appointed under you with respect, some upper managers walk in and never even say Hello to the floor personal. To good to talk to the peons

Harbor Freight Tools

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work schedule, flexible hours if you are an exempt employee, decent benefits package and paid time off. Company is growing, room for growth at the store level.

Cons

Plenty of turnover in upper management/executive level at the corporate office. HR department needs a solid leader that understands what the employees need in order to be successful. Lack of recognition to corporate employees that actually do their work instead of "brown-nosing" to their boss.

Hire better managers that know how to get the best out of their employees. There are plenty of employees that skate by doing less than average work while high performing employees are not recognized.

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools.

Worked for Harbor Freight Tools? Contribute to the Community!