There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Horrible training and development.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonus structure was good. As long as you hit sales & profits, you made decent money, which was not difficult.

Cons

Negative atmosphere from upper management. Did not train or develop their store managers. Expected them to be perfect from day one, with little or no support.

Invest in your people instead of opening 40-50 stores every year. You need Quality people and training to continue your growth. Don't just rely on your cheap tools to keep the growth going.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools (View Most Recent)

Over Worked and Under Paid

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Cashier in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers and some customer's make it OK.

Cons

Lack of training, you do every job in the store. I've watched as people come in thinking they will do one thing and end up working truck and overnights. They quickly left. It's hard to keep employees.

Offer full time. Hire people specifically for truck and stockroom. If someone is hired as cashier let them be a cashier. Listen to employees who actually work the floor and know what we need.

underpaid. i cant lie i did like at first until after 1 year

Former Employee - All But Management
    Former Employee - All But Management

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools

Pros

learn how to solve peoples problems. was fun in the beginning. when u work at hft you ARE hft and it becomes like home nd a tool expert lifestyle

Cons

after you master the store people will be hired getting almost 40 hours to do all the easy stuff while u will only work 3 8-10 hour days doing 100k work for the same pay as when you started.. you will have to train these people to get more hours and then its like i saw 4 store managers get fired quit nd just cum f the whole store up. dont get me wrong i loved my job while i was in college. but this job will get u stuck and paused in life.

i understand business but pay ur employees a lil more. i make more than double what i made at hft at my job now nd the work is 3 times less work.

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Worked for Harbor Freight Tools? Contribute to the Community!