There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Excellent place to work, the management team is one of the best !

Current Employee - Cashier in Hickory, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are really understanding when you have difficulties and will work around the schedules if you have another job! The managers are excellent human beings and they have a positive attitude almost all the time. We have opportunities to add a little extra money to our paycheck and they do their best to keep the working team united! Everyone is considerate and we all do our best to help each other, that's a great working environment, it makes you feel more like a family. The products are really good and the prices are super, which makes it really easy to appeal the customer.

Cons

When things are slow at the store, hours go too low, from 25-28 hours to 5-10 hours a week. Sometimes we are really short handed to manage a whole day shift, specially on the warehouse crew, which makes the rest of the team overworked.

Management team can do better at organizational efforts when it has to do with everyday schedules.

330 Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools (View Most Recent)

It's okay, good entry level job

Current Employee - Sales in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay commission, usually get good hours, good people

Cons

Hours are based on commission

Runaway locomotive that thinks it doesn't need a track.

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools

Pros

Paid relocations; PTO accrues quickly as a store manager (mainly because you're given 18 reasons as to why it would impact the business if you were to take it)

Cons

Where should I begin? Executive leadership consists of a half dozen people who view the company as nothing more than a piggy bank. Field management turns over more than any company I've seen. 5 regional managers in less than 5 years. The DMs that last have no business sense, ability to develop people, or desire to overcome obstacles. What they do have, is an incredible ability to find someone at the store level to blame. If that blame is not legitimate enough to document, then they take the "promote them to a customer" route.
    Operationally, I have never seen a company that claimed to be process oriented yet failed to properly execute on every single SOP. Your job will be threatened if you do not complete training on an SOP on time, the roll out will occur and one day later, be retracted due to "unforeseen issues". This lack of execution philosophy is compounded by the constant turnover in store operations causing massive disconnect between related procedures.

Bottom line. If you're here, RUN! If you're thinking of coming here, steer clear.

Stop drinking your own kool-aid and start relying on your ivy league educations to give you a better business direction than "If it's free, they will come." (Why do I know that catch phrase will end up showing up in a corporate memo?)

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools