There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Harbor freight is a great place to work.

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools

Pros

Great place to work. The product is decent, and the store is run well. The training is up to date and helpful unlike other jobs I have held.

Cons

Not enough staffing at times. It get extremely busy at our store which creates tension wit the employees and the customers. Need to have more people on the floor and at the registers. Not enough pay for the job that is being done, but the environment helps to offset that a little.

Ease up on the metrics and allow the employees to get comfortable with a selling style before asking them to change their presentation. You need to learn to crawl before you can walk.

reviews filtered by

Excellent place to work, the management team is one of the best !

Current Employee - Cashier in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are really understanding when you have difficulties and will work around the schedules if you have another job! The managers are excellent human beings and they have a positive attitude almost all the time. We have opportunities to add a little extra money to our paycheck and they do their best to keep the working team united! Everyone is considerate and we all do our best to help each other, that's a great working environment, it makes you feel more like a family. The products are really good and the prices are super, which makes it really easy to appeal the customer.

Cons

When things are slow at the store, hours go too low, from 25-28 hours to 5-10 hours a week. Sometimes we are really short handed to manage a whole day shift, specially on the warehouse crew, which makes the rest of the team overworked.

Management team can do better at organizational efforts when it has to do with everyday schedules.

2. Manager

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work / life balance

Cons

Very little upward mobility for managers to field management

Allow managers opportunity to advance

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools