Harbor Freight Tools

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Good job, bad customers

Current Employee - Assistant Head Cashier
Current Employee - Assistant Head Cashier

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- above minimum wage, with commission and annual raises

- willing to hire young people with little or no experience; it's s good entry level job- started when I was 16.

- job stability. As long as you do what your told and hold your tongue with customers you're pretty set.

- lots of room to move up in the company. I'm only 18 and I was promoted to management within my second year with the company.

-great management team, good co-workers, fun job when working with the right people.

-flexible schedules

Cons

- very many rude and disrespectful customers. I'm a young girl and I've been cussed at, threatened, and verbally harassed by many customers(name calling, screaming, very inappropriate sexual comments, etc.)

- management doesn't properly enforce policies

-very hard work. Sales are driven a little too hard and if an employee does something wrong not only do they get punished but so does the MOD.

- I work at a very busy store with only 4 registers and our request for more registers keeps getting refused.

- lots of hour cuts and often understaffed because of budget

I suggest branching out to more forms of advertisement. Associates are already asked to do so much and name collection is very frustrating for both the employees and the customers. Also, policies regarding coupons, restock fees, and returns need to be more strictly enforced so that customers don't expect us to make exceptions.

361 Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools (View Most Recent)

Amazing retail experience. Great Culture, Intelligent top leadership in a fast growing company!

Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company vision is fantastic with long term growth.
    Growth opportunity for serious players.
    Great Retail benefits.
    Product line is top in class.
    Top Talent is a must.
    performance based company.

Cons

Associates not willing to change to the new direction.
    Fast growth sometimes prevents desired training.
    Distribution could be better.
    Overall the company is not perfect. It is a fast growing company with issues.
    The impressive thing is they know what they need to do and have the issues being fixed in priority while being financially reasonable.

Keep the humbleness its working!!

As a rapidly expanding company, Harbor Freight Tools offers great career opportunities in a performance based enviroment

Current Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In the three plus years that I have been a District Manager with Harbor Freight Tools, I have been fortunate to be surrounded by a dynamite executive team and a great peer network enabling me to build a high performing district team.

Cons

No cons at present time

Harbor Freight Tools offers a very unique and easy footprint to follow for success.This has allowed me to attract and retain talent from big box retailers at the same time building a foundation for success in the tri state area.

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools