A decent job but don't expect much in the way of acknowledgement of your hard work.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Fairfield, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work for someone who is just starting out in the workforce and doesn't have very many skills, and managers seem pretty willing to work with just about any schedule.

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement, managers seem to stay managers, assistant managers stay assistant managers, and associates stay associates. Hours are divvied out based on sales performance, so working in the warehouse and having little interaction with customers means you might just see your hours dwindle down to 8 hrs a week.

Find a way to promote and reward hard-work aside from basing it on sales. Create a policy requiring schedules be posted a few days before the beginning of the week. Appreciate your employees.

Jun 12, 2014HR Liason

We’re happy to hear that you find Harbor Freight Tools to be a flexible and accommodating workplace. We also appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. If you'd like to share specific ... More

Other Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Nightmare

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a pay check with benefits if you are a manager. The potential for growth and success exists. But current management is clueless.

Cons

The worst retail operation I have experienced in 30+ years of professional experience in the industry. Routinely asked to perform tasks for which little (but more often NO) training has been given.

Train your managers how to properly train their employees. Cleanliness standards do not exist. Operational policies routinely ignored.

Jun 12, 2014HR Liason

We appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. If you'd like to share specific information, please feel free to reach out to your HR manager or anonymously call our HFT Outlet Hotline ... More

Work / life balance is lopsided

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools

Pros

The work is relatively easy

Cons

If you are in a store that has one or two assistants, you will work a lot of closing or overnight shifts. Manager and head cashier seem to get all opening shifts. Raises are a maybe.

Fix the work / life balance. Everyone needs a good schedule and needs of the business can still be taken care of to achieve this.

Jun 12, 2014HR Liason

We’re glad to hear you enjoy working at Harbor Freight Tools. We also appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. If you'd like to share specific information, please feel free to reach ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools.

Worked for Harbor Freight Tools? Contribute to the Community!