Exciting company to grow with!

Current Employee - Director  in  Calabasas, CA
Current Employee - Director in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Offers interesting projects and new challenges which allows one to leverage all of their skills and KNOW they've added value at the end of the workday. Very satisfying. Ego is checked at the door and everyone has an equal seat at the table. Highly collaborative culture. Opportunities around every corner if you want to grow your career. Coworkers are friendly, and the executive team really cares deeply about their work family. Very strong Human Resources department staffed with a caring team of professionals.

Cons

Collaboration can be challenging to folks that aren't used to it. No free rides here, everyone from the top down roll up their sleeves to get the work done.

Keep working to instill corporate culture and values to all employees whether they are full time or part time. Continue hiring from within by recognizing potential.

Other Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - District Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is excellent support from our Corporate Partners. Human Resources, Training, Store Operations, Recruiting & Staffing all work to ensure that the field organization is well-run. The pay for all positions is very good, and every person on the team can supplement their income either with bonus or spiff, based on their contribution. The people that I work with are second to none: The Company attracts people who are not just proficient at what they do, but it also attracts good people with good values. The benefits are good and retail associates appreciate that they can roll their PTO from year to year rather than a "use it or lose it" structure. Overall it is an exciting place to be, and with the growth of the company it is an exciting time to be here.

Cons

It is no place for rookies or low limit performers. The Company moves at a very rapid pace, and you must be able to keep up. Some of the employees with a lot of years of seniority seem to have a sense of entitlement and resent any effort to improve the processes.

Thanks for the visionary leadership! Eric Smidt, the CEO has a passion that is amazing and he is moving the Company in the right direction.

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 18, 2014HR Liason

We're happy to hear you find Harbor Freight a rewarding company to work for. We also appreciate your feedback regarding areas where there could be improvement. If you'd like to share specific ... More

Performance based culture, great growth opportunities for associates that deliver and become a part of HFT's growth

Current Employee - IT Leadership Team  in  Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - IT Leadership Team in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Performance based culture, great opportunities to contribute, flat organizational hierarchy provides great exposure to senior management and opportunity to make a difference; non-political environment, deliver for HFT and let HFT take care of you

Cons

Unique culture requires associates to understand it and become a part of it; processes are being defined, shaped and implemented continuously, but requires associates to work with fluid and an evolving environment presently. Dealing with ambuiguity, communicating well and working well with other team members is important to success and associates that do the above well are destined to succeed.

Continue to stay transparent and communicative, staying on course to grow steadily and generate value for our customers

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 18, 2014HR Liason

We’re happy to hear you enjoy the work environment and opportunities at Harbor Freight Tools. We also appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. If you'd like to share more specific ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools.

Worked for Harbor Freight Tools? Contribute to the Community!