Harbor Freight Tools

www.harborfreight.com
  www.harborfreight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Exciting company to grow with!

Current Employee - Director in Calabasas, CA
Current Employee - Director in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offers interesting projects and new challenges which allows one to leverage all of their skills and KNOW they've added value at the end of the workday. Very satisfying. Ego is checked at the door and everyone has an equal seat at the table. Highly collaborative culture. Opportunities around every corner if you want to grow your career. Coworkers are friendly, and the executive team really cares deeply about their work family. Very strong Human Resources department staffed with a caring team of professionals.

Cons

Collaboration can be challenging to folks that aren't used to it. No free rides here, everyone from the top down roll up their sleeves to get the work done.

Keep working to instill corporate culture and values to all employees whether they are full time or part time. Continue hiring from within by recognizing potential.

361 Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools (View Most Recent)

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - District Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - District Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is excellent support from our Corporate Partners. Human Resources, Training, Store Operations, Recruiting & Staffing all work to ensure that the field organization is well-run. The pay for all positions is very good, and every person on the team can supplement their income either with bonus or spiff, based on their contribution. The people that I work with are second to none: The Company attracts people who are not just proficient at what they do, but it also attracts good people with good values. The benefits are good and retail associates appreciate that they can roll their PTO from year to year rather than a "use it or lose it" structure. Overall it is an exciting place to be, and with the growth of the company it is an exciting time to be here.

Cons

It is no place for rookies or low limit performers. The Company moves at a very rapid pace, and you must be able to keep up. Some of the employees with a lot of years of seniority seem to have a sense of entitlement and resent any effort to improve the processes.

Thanks for the visionary leadership! Eric Smidt, the CEO has a passion that is amazing and he is moving the Company in the right direction.

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 18, 2014HR Liason

We're happy to hear you find Harbor Freight a rewarding company to work for. We also appreciate your feedback regarding areas where there could be improvement. If you'd like to share specific ... More

Challanging and rewarding, fast paced!

Current Employee - District Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - District Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great growth, not slowing down. Opportunity for growth is incredible. Challanging to keep up with the pace that we are changing our operating systems for the better - this is change for the good!

Cons

Any of our cons are being addressed by our company that is the coolest part. DC issues being addressed with building new DC's and expanding. Register issues addressed with new systems in every store etc. We are addressing with and dealing with "growing pains" these are the best sort of "cons" to have!

Continue to address people development like we are that is the key to our future growth and internal promotions. We are doing the right things!

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 18, 2014HR Liason

Thank you for the feedback. We’re excited about the growth and energy at Harbor Freight Tools, too. We've got a great team and will continue to offer growth opportunities from within. At the same ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools