There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

I've been here for a year and a half and I loved it…Good Company and great growth. Top performers excel

Current Employee - Data Operations Manager in Calabasas, CA
Current Employee - Data Operations Manager in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• High growth, high opportunity environment. • New management that understand the business and are committed to providing a top-tier working environment with work-life-balance. • State-of-the-art Technology platform… - Multiple recently implemented applications with road maps to support growth. - Great opportunity to grow with the company and the technology. • Solid and proven business model. • Ability to drive change and all levels within the organization. - Very flat organization. • Continuous improvement is valued and rewarded.

Cons

• It takes a highly motivated, passionate and talented individual to thrive in this environment. • If you’re not motivated, passionate and talented you won’t be as successful as you could be.

Advice to Management

• Keep doing what you’re doing and continue the rapid and controlled growth of the company

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

1. Good for entry-level positions

Former Employee - Retail Clerk
    Former Employee - Retail Clerk

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools part-time

Pros

The company is mid-sized but growing, so it is more personal than larger hardware companies. On the first day, I met the District Manager for the region and he actually helped us set up the new store. I got a great sense of community from this company.

Cons

The management of a new store was a bit unorganized. I wasn't aware of scheduling until a day or two before, which proved to be inconvenient.

As it stands - Growth in this company is laughable!

Current Employee - Not Entirely Sure, But I Do Basically Everything! in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As it stands - I haven't seen much in the way of pros because I am too busy picking up after everyone else that leaves!

Cons

Turnover rate is incredibly higher than any job I've worked in my life; ill managed, poor work conditions, and generally a negative place to be!

Advice to Management

Stop bouncing around the scheduled, treat your employees with some respect, and don't make the place where you work.... a place where you can potentially die in!

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Aug 8, 2014 – HR Liason

Thank you for your input. We appreciate your candor, but we're concerned about some of the points you've made. It's important to Harbor Freight that the work environment is positive and productive ... More