Harbor Freight Tools

www.harborfreight.com
  www.harborfreight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Not understanding company's logic.

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools

Pros

I work at a new store, I got to work with the red shirts and set up the store. I live how fast this company is growing and the opportunities that were recently presented to me. I somehow locked in the head pricing coordinator position. My store manager recently told me big things are going to be happening in our district and he wants everyone that's part of the leadership team to be ready for the next level up.

Cons

The pay is really low. I understand this is a retail job, but unless you are part of the management team you're basically making minimum wage. I don't know about other states, but in CA. you can't live off wages that small. My other issue is our store has a bunch of great workers, how are they rewarded? They're told their hours are getting cut. That's just an insult to injury. You make $ .80 above than minimum wage and are lucky to get 20 hours a week.
 Why would anyone want to stay with a company that treats them like that. Our store meets or exceeds the daily budget everyday, but we can't afford to keep our good workers on the schedule. So we have a high profit store, but can't pay the employees decent wages or give them hours to work.
 The company says it has competitive wages... Competitive with whom?

Try to slow down the turn over rate in your stores, the customers like shopping at stores with employees that know what they're talking about. I feel like my store is going to lose some good workers. CA minimum wage just went up and is going to be going up again. Try some cost of living increases as minimum wage increases, and provide more hours for the retail associates want them. If the company can do that, they are more likely to have more solid employees that care about their jobs than a bunch dim witted people who could care less about the company.

361 Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools (View Most Recent)

Poor DM management

Current Employee - Current SM in None (Italy)
    Current Employee - Current SM in None (Italy)

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast pace work growing company

Cons

100% or your out. Focusing on SOP and not the customers

Get back to the basics

Stay Away. Stay Far Away.

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It starts off good - good benefits, nice people, good company

Cons

They will fire you. It does not matter who you are or what you do

Stop saying that you want A type personalities with ideas on how to change the status quo. You don't want these people.... you want followers and yes men. This is a 1 -2 year place, not a career or forever company. If you interview, ask how long the person interviewing you has been there. There are not many with a long tenure. There is a reason for this.

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools