Harborview Medical Center

www.uwmedicine.org
  www.uwmedicine.org
There are newer employer reviews for Harborview Medical Center

A place with a great mission.

Current Employee - Senior Computer Specialist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Computer Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Harborview Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The care providers at Harborview are committed to helping patients, and the sense of mission is great. If you're interested in contributing to the greater good of society, this is an awesome place.

Cons

The pay is not competitive. If you're not involved in patient care, it's a little less rewarding. Promotions are essentially all based on tenure rather than merit. Conformity is more rewarded than innovation.

Communication is still lacking. It's hard to get a sense of where the organization is headed because it still feels like decisions are made in a vacuum. Would I recommend Harborview as an employer? It really depends on what someone is looking for.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Harborview Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Satisfactory research laboratory experience.

Former Employee - Research Technician in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Research Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at Harborview Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The laboratory had flexible hours that allowed me to work whenever I wanted.

Cons

Unfortunately, there was very little interaction between different labs.

A true mission-driven organization that successfully blends compassion with expertise.

I worked at Harborview Medical Center

Pros

Working at Harborview is enriching - both personally and professionally. The medical challenges are as diverse as the population. Patients are treated with respect regardless of their circumstances. The physicians are tops in their field and the nurses are skilled, warm and attentive. As an employee, I learned something everyday that I worked there.

Cons

As a trauma facility and regional burn center, the stress level is high. The enormous amount of charity care creates financial challenges that must be met, often resulting in disagreements about the best way to do that.

Make good hires and then listen to and trust your employees. Their perspective is valuable. Micro- managing kills creativity and motivation.

There are newer employer reviews for Harborview Medical Center