Hard Rock Cafe

www.hardrock.com

Great job for a student because they work around your schedule.

Waiter (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsManagement always worked around the employees schedules. Some servers had 3 jobs, school, or family emergencies so it was very easy to get time off. There's a huge staff during the summer, so it's easy to get a shift covered if you need a day off. Everything is done electronically so you can request the day off via a phone app on the day of and other servers get notified a shift is available.

ConsPier 39 is a very seasonal location, so it's completely, and I mean COMPLETELY dead during the winter. Expect to leave after an hour with $5 in tips on slow days.
There's also been a huge turnover in management, not necessarily for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire staff's attitude has changed since beginning to work there in 2010. More people hate their job and complain that they don't want to be there. I encourage stricter hiring guidelines because a few of the new servers have little to be desired, are late, don't care about their work, and are rude to customers.

It has it's moments

Trainer/Retail Sales Associate/Host/Server (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Hard Rock Cafe

Pros: It's a brand most people know so there is always… Cons: Growth is almost non-existent. Management is unequal when giving out… Advice to Senior Management: Give more direct answers when asked certain questions. Don't let your egos get in the way of… More

Hard Rockers Rock!

Event Supervisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Hard Rock Cafe

Pros: Hard Rock Cafe NYC was one of mybest job experiences. There is availability for advancement even when starting out as a severer,… Cons: Tourists, and being in a touristy environment. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hard Rock Cafe.

Worked for Hard Rock Cafe? Contribute to the Community!