Alright starting job.

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC
Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not alot of customers. Not much training required. Usually very flexible hours. Provide $5 for meals if you go over you have to pay the difference.

Cons

Closing is bad you usually are by yourself and have to prepare meals and clean at the same time. You will get random rushes at night sometimes 5 minutes before you close. Very strict managers. Sometimes you have to clean breakfast dishes if they weren't cleaned properly. You are expected to be out by 10:20 but very hard when you have to prepare food and clean by yourself.

Advice to Management

Hire more people/

reviews filtered by
  1. Definite problems, but it's a starting job

Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a decent enough first job. Some of the shift managers were pleasant to work for - hard working, considerate of availability and balance. High performing employees were recognized and promoted when shift manager positions were open. It's a good place to get customer service experience. Like a lot of entry level food service jobs, no experience was required to get hired. Most of the other employees were friendly.

Cons

At the time, bad management was pretty evident. They routinely scheduled me for times I couldn't work, even though my availability was the same every week. They occasionally clocked people out without telling them when they got near 30 hours. We also weren't allowed to take breaks, even though being scheduled for 10 hour shifts was pretty common. The best you could get was eating a leftover biscuit in a corner of the kitchen if there was a lull between breakfast and lunch. Tendency to micromanage the little things while being absent for big ones. Transferring is near impossible if the store you're at doesn't want to lose you. The general manager was the main problem; I'm not sure if she's still there.

Because it is a minimum wage job, the turnover is really high, and people tend to not treat it seriously. No call no shows were frequent, and that led the store to be seriously understaffed frequently. There were multiple days when I was one of only two employees in the store - one in the kitchen, one in the front. Some customers get irate when they have to wait, but there's really no way around it. Unfortunately, chronic no call no show employees were almost never disciplined, so it kept happening.

No insurance or benefits, but it's a minimum wage, part time position. The shift managers did get benefits, but they were seriously overworked. 50 hours a week was pretty common for them.

Advice to Management

Be willing to deal with seriously underperforming employees, even if it means replacing them. Hire new employees quicker.

Very uncaring upper management.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great customers I have is the only pro.

Cons

Not enough labor hours and constantly cutting. They cut back on everything in the stores but, don't spare an expense on field positions. District managers just got brand new Ford fusions and they cut back labor in stores by about 4%. We're constantly expected to do the job of a manager as well as running crew positions. Not enough focus on the people who open and close the stores everyday. No recognition for hard work and those who slack off are not reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time showing the little people that we're appreciated.