Hargreaves Lansdown
www.hl.co.uk Bristol, United Kingdom 500 to 999 Employees

Not what you would expect from a FTSE 100 listed company

Stockbroker's Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Hargreaves Lansdown

ProsA swarve, sophisticated place to work giving a big city feel in the heart of Bristol. Nice offices, straight talking professionals, central location, fair salary.

ConsThe work is essentially boring with nothing in the way of structure or development for new starters,
Staff are allowed to languish and a terrible dog eat dog attitude abounds. There was no support from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to build up a proper new starter process, instigate actual policies behind the good values that management holds and communicate these ideas to low level management. Instigate policies that help new starters and ensure there is a documented framework behind employee CPD and HR. Consider expanding HR and communicate these techniques to management. Employ a recruiting manager as it was obvious that the back office manager did the recruiting and he got a S.A who was basically just like a pupil in the class to come over and help him when he felt like it. Communicate to low level management that they need to be resposible for ensuring that everyone in their team know what they are doing. Give a detailed job description with a structured report of what is expected of you on a daily basis. Get the line managers to communciate this to the staff and well.

A fund supermarket: just like working at Asda...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hargreaves Lansdown

Pros: Central location, near the shops/banks and easily accessible by public… Cons: At the interview, my future line managers and I agreed on a figure for my salary. I was also told that within 6 months I… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in those of your staff who don't see work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good base for a job in FS but limited potential long term and poor salaries

Pensions (Former Employee)
Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Hargreaves Lansdown full-time for more than a year

Pros: *Good Training in certain rolls and very dedicated staff with strong company work ethic *Some… Cons: *Poor salary, approx 30-40% less than similar jobs at competitors *Many roles undervalued and unappreciated, as processes broken into small chunks management seem to see no… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate good staff to prevent them leaving for greaner pastures. It should be considered that such staff have also had time and effort invested… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hargreaves Lansdown.

Worked for Hargreaves Lansdown? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hargreaves Lansdown reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hargreaves Lansdown CEO Ian Gorham. All reviews posted anonymously by Hargreaves Lansdown employees.