Harland Clarke

www.harlandclarke.com
  www.harlandclarke.com
There are newer employer reviews for Harland Clarke

Been here a while, company in a slow death spiral. Leadership in denial.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Harland Clarke full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of the "working" staff are great, intelligent and (very) dedicated people. Fair benefits with moderate healthcare costs. Nice amount of vacation once you have been here a while.

Cons

Leadership is completely reactionary and lacks vision. EVERYTHING is about cost cutting. There is no real innovation. All of the new big $$$ ideas are just ways to charge more for shipping on the declining product, checks. 401k company match is below average. Apathy is starting to get bad. Many dedicated old-timers are starting to look elsewhere, and most of the younger staff is on the way out.

Eliminating 20% of you operational staff is not the way to keep the company viable. Before the reductions there was too much work. Now, it's impossible. WAY too much overtime. You will never get to a "normal" work schedule. Easily 75% of my coworkers are looking for other opportunities, many are long time employees. If sales declines are really that bad then management needs to come to the realization that all these projects can't get done if they can't afford staff.

Getting anything done through IT is becoming a joke. Any discussion with IT is met with very long estimates and missed deadlines. They too are good people but IT is going through a "co-sourcing" which eliminated several key IT departments for contractors in India. Some of the blame is being put on that.

128 Other Employee Reviews for Harland Clarke (View Most Recent)

Working at Harland Clarke in Decatur, GA had it's reward. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting People, Salary, Incentitive Program, College Encouragement, Schedules.

Cons

I e,joyed my work at Harland Clarke.

Decent temp job, not great pay

Current Employee - Call Center in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Harland Clarke part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am currently temping at Harland Clarke and have had a fairly good experience overall. I enjoy the outbound calling that we are doing and the time I am at work passes quickly.

Cons

My initial training was super disorganized - I think they gave us a new instructor who really did not do a good job organizing the training period, despite a seemingly organized setup. He was really slow and would get distracted and stop what we were doing if even one person had a computer issue (which happened constantly)!
    We had a scheduling issue (the schedule the trainer was given was different than what we were initially told and also different from the one we ended up with).
    The management seems to be decent, though I have gotten completely opposite answers to questions about specific job tasks when I have asked different people.

Please streamline the training and train the trainers better before giving them solo assignments!

There are newer employer reviews for Harland Clarke