Harland Clarke
www.harlandclarke.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Been here a while, company in a slow death spiral. Leadership in denial.

San Antonio, TX

ProsThe majority of the "working" staff are great, intelligent and (very) dedicated people. Fair benefits with moderate healthcare costs. Nice amount of vacation once you have been here a while.

ConsLeadership is completely reactionary and lacks vision. EVERYTHING is about cost cutting. There is no real innovation. All of the new big $$$ ideas are just ways to charge more for shipping on the declining product, checks. 401k company match is below average. Apathy is starting to get bad. Many dedicated old-timers are starting to look elsewhere, and most of the younger staff is on the way out.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminating 20% of you operational staff is not the way to keep the company viable. Before the reductions there was too much work. Now, it's impossible. WAY too much overtime. You will never get to a "normal" work schedule. Easily 75% of my coworkers are looking for other opportunities, many are long time employees. If sales declines are really that bad then management needs to come to the realization that all these projects can't get done if they can't afford staff.

Getting anything done through IT is becoming a joke. Any discussion with IT is met with very long estimates and missed deadlines. They too are good people but IT is going through a "co-sourcing" which eliminated several key IT departments for contractors in India. Some of the blame is being put on that.

Working at Harland Clarke in Decatur, GA had it's reward. Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Decatur, GA

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time for more than a year

Pros: Meeting People, Salary, Incentitive Program, College Encouragement, Schedules. Cons: I e,joyed my work at Harland Clarke. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent temp job, not great pay

Call Center (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Harland Clarke part-time for less than a year

Pros: I am currently temping at Harland Clarke and have had a fairly good experience overall. I… Cons: My initial training was super disorganized - I think they gave us a new instructor who really did not do a good job organizing the… Advice to Senior Management: Please streamline the training and train the trainers better before… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Harland Clarke.

Worked for Harland Clarke? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harland Clarke reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harland Clarke CEO Chuck Dawson. All reviews posted anonymously by Harland Clarke employees.