Great company, declining morale.

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Harleysville, PA
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Harleysville, PA

I have been working at Harleysville Group

Pros

Good benefits and competitive pay. While Senior Management doesn't always get it right, they definitely try to create a strong corporate culture.

Cons

Despite good benefits and pay, morale is low. Years of impossible deadlines have lead to 60+ hr work weeks, which in turn has lead to burn out. The addition of a 'soft market' has frozen raises, adding to the widespread melancholy.

Do what you can to increase morale.

Other Reviews for Harleysville Group

Good place to work. Most years, we like a small family

Current Employee - Services Support Supervisor
    Current Employee - Services Support Supervisor

I have been working at Harleysville Group

Pros

Company had great benifets, esp. the 401K program. On job training. Pleasant workplace.

Cons

We all thought the 25 yr. club was great. We were able to see old friends and talk about great experiences with the company. . It too bad the company just stopped it without telling us why.
    I guess it was because the Greensboro office closed. We all miss it very much.

Since I am retired, I don't know.

Overall, good place to work

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Harleysville, PA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Harleysville, PA

I have been working at Harleysville Group

Pros

The payscale is fair, the 401K contributions of the company is outstanding, very generous (almost ridiculous) amount of sick time, great tuition assistance program. Excellent agency relationships.

Cons

The company will pay for your education, but doesn't tap into your knowledge when you have finished your education; raises and bonuses continue to decline; very little opportunity for growth. You may end up doing the same tasks for many, many years without a change in responsibilities. Computers are very old as are the programs on the computers.

Reward your employees for contributions to the bottom line as well as you do your agents and stockholders.

There are newer employer reviews for Harleysville Group.

Worked for Harleysville Group? Contribute to the Community!