Excellent experience, excellent senior management

I worked at Harris IT Services

Pros

excellent benefit packages to include living allowance and complementary time off accrual rate. senior management showed interest in job and invited input.

Cons

limited promotion opportunities prevented career growth; would have had to move a significant distance out of the region to get promoted.

Harris IT Services is a great company to work for and i commend management's efforts to gain company-wide input and enhance community-style communication.

Other Reviews for Harris IT Services

Under contract

Current Employee - Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at Harris IT Services

Pros

There are some nice people here. The workload pressure and sense of urgency is usually pretty mild and therefore not really stressful.

Cons

People are constantly worried about layoffs, the atmosphere is tense and full of paranoia, to the point that morale and productivity suffer. This atmosphere is not the fault of Harris, it's our customer.

Communicate with your people. They're smart and only want the truth and know what is coming up further down the road. As we see it now, the road turns into a bridge under construction.

Very good company to work for, great balance with work and home life

I worked at Harris IT Services

Pros

Harris still has the old values that employees are an asset. For as large company, they seemed to somehow make it feel like a small private company. Absolutely one of the best major corporations I have worked for.

Cons

Feel as though there could have been a bit more feedback on projects from management. That said, it is very possible that it was just my local manager.

In general, keep up the good work. Also a general observation is that you might be a bit top heavy, although that is likely true of most major corps.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris IT Services.

Worked for Harris IT Services? Contribute to the Community!