Challenging and often impossible experience with many internal communication roadblocks

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Project Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Harris Interactive

Pros

- Challenging work environment that forces you to learn a lot about market research
- Technology team is very good

Cons

- Layoffs/the best people leave, many secretive talks, low employee morale, many overworked employees
- Too many layers of management

Practice better ethics and increase employee morale. Realize outsourcing is not always the way to go. Invest in better benefits.

Other Reviews for Harris Interactive

Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Interactive

Pros

My positive experience at Harris Interactive was largely the result of my direct manager - he was very hands-off and advocated a work-life balance.

Cons

The pay at Harris Interactive leaves a bit to be desired, so if you're looking for work there make sure to request at the high-end of your expectation.

I never really had a confident feeling in the leadership while I was there. It has since changed, so not sure what it's like now.

Good people keep leaving.

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Interactive

Pros

Harris Interactive has an excellent staff to work with, almost all are high caliber. Harris has a comfortable work environment and decent salary ranges.

Cons

Harris has high cost of health insurance (which most employers do at this point). They have not really defined a clear career path for individuals below management. There is a severe lack of training/education budget available. They are continuing to employ people who are not effective and cannot eductate them because of their lack of good policy. They are losing their top employees because the senior management lacks the knowledge of how to properly leverage the IT resources they have. That won't matter soon because they won't have any significant IT left.

Get some real feedback on your IT strategy and then use the resources that you have to implement it. Want to innovate, then use the IT power you have at your command.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Interactive.

Worked for Harris Interactive? Contribute to the Community!