There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Not Recommended for Career Oriented People (...or most other people)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palm Bay, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent Benefits. Decent starting salaries. Opportunity to work with a few different types of software.

Cons

Harris really needs to incorporate more modern software development practices. Inferior tools, sub-par working conditions, and a dozen different managers all telling you to do different things (and of course each one thinks their task should be your top priority). In terms of "The Joel Test", most of the software development teams are operating at a 2-4.

Poor work/life balance. A lot of long hours. Little opportunity for promotions or career advancement. Shrinking raises and salaries and increasing cost of benefits.

If Harris doesn't make some changes and start treating their software people better, the top talent is going to continue to walk out the door.

Stop being complacent and acting like there isn't a problem. At a certain point you have to stop doing so much risk mitigation and take a leap.

432 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

I hope you like emails, you will get plenty.

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Boise, ID

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are the best I have ever seen.

Cons

The only means of communication is via email. With masses of employees, there is absolutely zero contact with even my own manager. I work at a location with only 70 employees and to Harris (tens of thousands of employees) this feels like a tiny little insignificant hole in the wall. I cannot be promoted to another job role at the location where I work because there are no supervisors onsite.

You took the time to find us, get us clearances, and train us. Now we need the opportunity to ask for a bump in pay and the opportunity to move into other job roles. I'd love to be a supervisor so other people can have this opportunity.

Good company

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its is a global company

Cons

Hard to get promoted with the company

Work more on lms

There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!