There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Good to work for

I have been working at Harris full-time

Pros

Good working env, nice coworkers and working place. The working hour is very flexible and is good for work-life balance.

Cons

Org structure is very strange and personal development might not be good. Employees are not motivated and no growing space.

424 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

Multiple career opportunities all at one company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best part about working at Harris is ‘the people’ and the opportunity to work on various programs within multiple divisions, all while staying at the same company. In the eight years I have been at Harris, I have worked within two divisions and had vastly different job opportunities which have helped me to develop my business acumen and skills.

Harris also has great benefits, including a 9/80 schedule at several of their facilities. This promotes a great work atmosphere and work-life balance for employees. Overall, it is amazing to work for a cutting edge technology company that really makes a difference world-wide!

Cons

There are not any 'cons' that are more prevalent within Harris that employees at similar companies might experience.

Enjoyed my experience at Harris

Former Employee - Software Engineer II
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II

I worked at Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Harris had great people and I was able to learn from them without any issues and they were open to learning from me bringing skills in not only engineering but also the military. Harris is a very Veteran friendly (35th on GI Jobs) and that is very important to me being that I was unemployed after Afghanistan for 7 months. The technology was superb and loved every day learning more and expanding upon my skills as a Software Engineer.

Cons

The Ideas page. I had several ideas that came right from my experiences in Afghanistan that after submitted never went anywhere. One did but only as far as the chief scientists but then stopped dead. After that I stopped submitting ideas.

1) Learn military 101. When you are in the defense industry and don't know the difference between a squad and brigade and you interact with military personnel. It doesn't make you look good, regardless of your position.

2) Take time to develop an APP that trains the average soldier on the usage of the AN/PRC117G and AN/PRC152. Many soldiers go with the thales products (EMBITTER) AN/PRC148 because the user interface is better. I did in Afghanistan. Does it really matter is no one is funding it. Take the initiative and put some IRAD money on it.

3) Take the time and give AN/PRC152 radios to soldier when they are in Basic Training and Officer Candidate Schools. Soldiers, and I am one, will always gravitate towards what is familiar and it's only during these times is the best time to get soldiers "USED" to those radios. The investment is worth the effort.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!