Harris
www.harris.com Melbourne, FL 5000+ Employees

The work is enjoyable, the career development opportunities leaves some to be desired.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe type of work is very interesting for the most part. The 9/80 work week (work 9, 9 hour days every two weeks, every other Friday off) is a very nice perk. Benefits are also very good.

ConsEverything is very process oriented (as with any DoD contractor).

Your performance has little impact on raise percentages and career advancement.
Employees are shifted into the higher levels based on seniority rather than performance.
Even if your performance is well above average for your level, your review will be arbitrarily downgraded to push you into the average category to allow more senior, lower performers to progress their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour career progression techniques are designed to keep everyone happy, but it offends your best performers, which you should be working harder to retain.

Good to work for

I have been working at Harris full-time

Pros: Good working env, nice coworkers and working place. The working… Cons: Org structure is very strange and personal development might not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very challenging technologies

Systems Engineer IV (Current Employee)
Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Broad range of technical areas can be explored. Cons: Difficult, inconsistent promotion possibilities. While there is a written… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Harris.

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harris CEO Bill Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by Harris employees.