Harris

www.harris.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Too much testing for a software engineer.

Former Contractor - Software Engineer II in Rochester, NY
Former Contractor - Software Engineer II in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Hmmm ... I got paid. I had a great manager, though. That made the excessive testing bearable. And for a while, they had (too much) free food.

Cons

I was hired as a software engineer but had to do a lot of repetitive testing which got old fast.

Listen to employees when they try to tell you that you are headed in the wrong direction.

635 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

Harris Corporation

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people and my job is never boring. The benefits are great. Not much room for growth for that star performing individual. Either you choose to work hard or not. Either way your not going to be seen. Its real hard to get fired.

Cons

Room for growth and not being seen or heard. Starting pay is low and its hard to get good raises.

We need more lower level management that way the boss actually knows what you do and how hard you work. I only see my boss about 5-6 times a year.

A very fulfilling experience

Former Employee - Electronics Professional in Pottstown, PA
    Former Employee - Electronics Professional in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Harris full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional, and very interesting equipment that's state of the art. Good team work environment to fulfill the goals.

Cons

The powers that be at the top outsourced the job that I really liked a lot, to a foreign land and ruined my life in the process.

To senior management: Outsourcing American jobs to a foreign land does not help our country at all, by putting your fellow older Americans on the unemployment line in a nation that practices hidden age discrimination everywhere these days, just so you guys at the top can give yourselves a raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris