Harris

www.harris.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Stong performance even in difficult economy

I have been working at Harris full-time

Pros

Harris has great products and incredible people! Also, they have consistently managed to perform well even during difficult times.

Cons

Although there was a shift in management and much organizational changes, the company is focused on improving and streamlining processes.

635 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

software engineer

I have been working at Harris

Pros

relaxed atmosphere. Location is great. job is secure

Cons

Lots of waste. Cannot progress quickly. There is a table that stipulates minimum number of years at present position to be considered for next position.

Get rid of GE style management. 5% Of staff may not need to be pipped each year. Understand that there will be a need for people to do mundane work and don't try to get rid of those people that are willing to do it

Interesting Projects - overly intensive annual performance reviews.

Current Employee - Information Security Systems Engineer in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Information Security Systems Engineer in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very interesting projects to work on. The cost of health prior to 2013 was comparatively inexpensive but is no longer true today. 9/80 work week is great.

Cons

The cross-matrix management style does not allow your home manager to accurately see your strengths. Annual performance reviews focus on the few negatives submitted by peers. Promotions are very rare. My program managers had great appreciation for me. My department manager only saw the negatives. After 12 years as a level 3, winning 2 Excellence awards and receiving a Master's degree there was no promotion. Finally, a new manager that knew my background immediately promoted me to a level 4 and was paid at midpoint within 2 years. It's about who you know.

Value the people that work for you and focus on their positives. Treat negative comments during performance reviews with a grain of salt.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris