Harris

www.harris.com

Not as great as it used to be, but still a nice place to work

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsEngineers at Harris are great people- I've only worked with one person I didn't like, and that person left the company soon afterward. You're given the opportunity to move around and most engineering managers are open and easy to talk to. They're building a lot of new infrastructure, both physical and in their business, that I think will serve them well for the years to come.

ConsBeing a government contractor, they have some unavoidable pitfalls. Requirements are passed down from government brass and Harris's engineers don't have a whole lot of opportunity to challenge them. Also, though Harris is trying to diversify into more commercial markets, most of Harris's business is tied to the US government and it's ups and downs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent decline of the benefits packages are wearing on employees. Harris has always claimed to have some of the best benefits in the business, but that isn't so true anymore.

Excellent place to work.

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Projects are exciting and there are many to do. Pay is very good and hard… Cons: Redundancies in competing product lines are frustrating and recent engineering… Advice to Senior Management: Clear the lines between product management and engineering. Engineering decides how products are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Was great now sadly not

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people are passionate about their work and their customer's mission. The 9/80 schedule provides work life balance and Melbourne, Fl is a nice… Cons: The new CEO is focused on changing the culture to focus solely on cost cutting to enhance the stock price with no regard… Advice to Senior Management: There is a lack of confidence and trust in the CEO and his leadership team; questionable ethics. There is no strategic vision… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Harris.

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!