Harris

www.harris.com
  www.harris.com
There are newer employer reviews for Harris

Not as great as it used to be, but still a nice place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Melbourne, FL
Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Engineers at Harris are great people- I've only worked with one person I didn't like, and that person left the company soon afterward. You're given the opportunity to move around and most engineering managers are open and easy to talk to. They're building a lot of new infrastructure, both physical and in their business, that I think will serve them well for the years to come.

Cons

Being a government contractor, they have some unavoidable pitfalls. Requirements are passed down from government brass and Harris's engineers don't have a whole lot of opportunity to challenge them. Also, though Harris is trying to diversify into more commercial markets, most of Harris's business is tied to the US government and it's ups and downs.

The recent decline of the benefits packages are wearing on employees. Harris has always claimed to have some of the best benefits in the business, but that isn't so true anymore.

585 Other Employee Reviews for Harris (View Most Recent)

Lost perspective of the value of it employees

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Harris full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

in the earlier years the company leadership listened and attempted to implement the ideas of its employees.

Cons

More recently, concerned only about the bottom line.Way too much overhead with many managerial positions looming in the background waiting for that next big contract win.

listen to your people, respect the attitudes and dont loose sight that it is the customer who pays the bills

Systems Engineer III

Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Harris full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Neat product line, great fellow employees, I like the area

Cons

Not much room for advancement, poor average yearly salary raises, increasing level of healthcare costs pushed to employees, benefits going downhill

Have you forgotten that your employees are your most significant asset? Perhaps your shareholders would like to come engineer the next solution for your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris